Subject: Misleading text mesage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 06:57:51 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/jdbc-query.html
Description:

In https://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/jdbc-query.html
System.out.print(&quot;Column 1 returned &quot;);

This is good from the POV of the person running the code but misleading from
the POV of learning what a ResultSet does: it should probably say or comment
ROW 1 returned.

Another thing I hope gets shown in code examples later: in general, closing
should be done in try-finally or try with resources (Java 7 +)

Oops sorry about my previous comment. I thought I was presenting myself ...
:)

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:16:31 -0400

> System.out.print(&quot;Column 1 returned &quot;);

7.4 is no longer maintained.  Please see https://jdbc.postgresql.org/ 
for the current JDBC web site.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services