Subject: Change pg_attribute textual link to an actual link

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 22:29:58 +0200

In the System catalog/pg_attrdef documentation, there is a reference to
pg_attribute with the text “see below”.  That makes sense in the PDF version
(and similar renderings), but in the web version it seems a bit odd as
pg_attribute is on the next page, not below.

The attached patch changes it to an actual link instead, but simply removing
the “see below” bit is another approach which isn’t out of line with other
parts of the documentation (I opted for link since I personally prefer that).

cheers ./daniel

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:27:21 -0400

Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]> writes:
> pg_attribute with the text "see below".  That makes sense in the PDF version

> the "see below" bit is another approach which isn't out of line with other

I agree with your change, but I wonder if the sentence after this one
doesn't need some work too.  It seems to predate ALTER COLUMN SET DEFAULT.
We could add a mention of that, or just stop trying to describe the
preconditions, and say something like "only columns for which a default
value has been explicitly set will have an entry here".

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 12:09:41 +0200

> On 22 Oct 2018, at 01:27, Tom Lane <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> value has been explicitly set will have an entry here”.

I think your latter suggestion pretty much covers all we need, so updated the
patch with that too.

cheers ./daniel

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 16:39:54 +0900

> I think your latter suggestion pretty much covers all we need, so updated the

Both the patch and the suggestions made look good to me, so committed.
--
Michael

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:00:43 +0100

> On 29 Oct 2018, at 08:39, Michael Paquier <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Thanks! I updated the status in the CF app to Committed.

cheers ./daniel