Subject: Patch for bind message to clarify signedness of parameters and result column format codes

From: Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2026 07:51:54 -0400

Currently we don't say whether the number of parameters is signed or
unsigned. Same with results

See attached patch.

Regards,

Dave Cramer

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2026 15:16:28 +0200

> unsigned. Same with results

Instead of repeating this with every message, we should clarify this in 
the section "Message Data Types".

I had always assumed that a type designation like Int16 or Int32 is 
signed, because of how they look like C types.  But on the other hand, 
the POSIX functions to convert between host and network order only deal 
with unsigned types.  So it's not obvious either way.

---

From: Dave Cramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2026 10:03:40 -0400

> the section "Message Data Types".
I've attached a new patch.

> It was surprising to me that some of them were unsigned

Dave