Subject: [PATCH] Updating documentation about bulding documentation in Windows.

From: Michail Nikolaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 21:05:27 +0000

Hello everyone.

Current documentation contains outdated instruction and scripts relative to
building documentation on Windows machine.

I removed useless scripts and wrote some guide to build docs using Windows
Linux Subsystem.

Also, could be viewed on github -
https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/postgres/commit/c6781351306810bfebab1fa5b454e8d24b9ea2f6

Thanks,
Michail.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 00:03:54 -0500

On 1/23/18 16:05, Michail Nikolaev wrote:
> Current documentation contains outdated instruction and scripts relative
> to building documentation on Windows machine.
> 
> I removed useless scripts and wrote some guide to build docs using
> Windows Linux Subsystem.

Why not fix the script instead?

Using WSL is also a good idea, but then we could just say, use WSL and
follow the instructions for the particular Linux distribution.  We don't
need to repeat all that again.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

---

From: Michail Nikolaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 09:10:29 +0000

Hello.

It is not so easy to fix the script because it is based on old toolset
(probably on 9.6).
I'll try one more attempt.

Regardning WSL:
I think it is better to keep some instructions because there are a lot of
common errors - line ending, correct usage of linux\windows file system
mappings.
Most of Windows users are not familiar with it. I could rewrtite it as:

   1. clone using WSL to Windows filesystem
   2. disable autoclrf
   3. edit documentation in Windows (usig Unix line-ending) and build in
   WLS.

Thanks,
Michail.