Subject: https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

From: Indrek K <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 10:18:39 +0200

Hi

Please upgrade PostgreSQL document to latest version
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
Change apt-get install postgresql-9.6 > postgresql-10

Thanks,
Indrek

---

From: Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 14:51:15 +0800

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 16:18, Indrek K <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Please upgrade PostgreSQL document to latest version https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/

The download pages are not guaranteed to always be up to date with the current
release version, hence the "substitute the version number as required”
mentioned on the page.  That being said, there is no reason not to update the
page, it’s just not highly prioritized.  I’m happy to do the legwork unless
there are objections, cc:ing the -www list as it's a better place to discuss
this.

cheers ./daniel

---

From: "Jonathan S. Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 08:23:30 -0500

Hi,

> On Feb 27, 2018, at 1:51 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

I spoke with Magnus about this offlist.  There is an additional consideration,
i.e. the “contrib” package has been retired and folder into the main package
in 10, so there needs to be language to indicate that as well.

Thanks!

Jonathan