Subject: indexterm of pg_notify

From: Fujii Masao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:49:38 +0900

Hi,

In the index of current document, "pg_notify" is tied to the
word "Notes". This is odd for me.
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/bookindex.html

How about the patch to tie "pg_notify" to "NOTIFY"?

Regards,

-- 
Fujii Masao
NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
NTT Open Source Software Center

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:33:57 -0400

> How about the patch to tie "pg_notify" to "NOTIFY"?

I think that's because the "Notes" section of that page is the only
place in the documentation that pg_notify() is mentioned...  I agree
it looks a little weird, but it's nice that it jumps to the specific
section of the page that is relevant.

-- 
Robert Haas
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise Postgres Company

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:38:29 -0400

> section of the page that is relevant.

Yeah, the link would be less useful if it just pointed to the whole
page.  It would be nice though if the index entry said something more
specific than "Notes", perhaps "NOTIFY Notes".  Is there a way to
control the label used for an index link?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:39:54 -0400

> control the label used for an index link?

Doesn't look like there is :-(
--

---

From: Fujii Masao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:15:20 +0900

> Doesn't look like there is :-(

How about creating new subsection "pg_notify" under "Notes" and placing
the description about pg_notify in it? Here is the patch.

Regards,

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:29:00 -0400

> the description about pg_notify in it? Here is the patch.

Looks good to me.  Committed.