Subject: Add link to current_schemas in config.sgml

From: Brendan Jurd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:27:59 +1000

Hi folks,

This is just a quick docs patch to add a link to the mention of the
current_schemas function from 18.10.1. Statement Behavior.

The function must be called with one boolean argument, the meaning of
which isn't clear until you read the description in 9.23.

I also removed the parentheses after the function name as this was a)
misleading the reader into thinking the function could be called
without arguments and b) inconsistent with the style for referring to
functions elsewhere in the chapter.

Cheers,
BJ

diff --git a/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml b/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml
index 3981969..c0ba5a5 100644
--- a/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml
+++ b/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml
@@ -4485,10 +4485,11 @@ COPY postgres_log FROM
'/full/path/to/logfile.csv' WITH csv;
        <para>
         The current effective value of the search path can be examined
         via the <acronym>SQL</acronym> function
-        <function>current_schemas()</>.  This is not quite the same as
-        examining the value of <varname>search_path</varname>, since
-        <function>current_schemas()</> shows how the items
-        appearing in <varname>search_path</varname> were resolved.
+        <function>current_schemas</> (see <xref linkend="functions-info">).
+        This is not quite the same as examining the value of
+        <varname>search_path</varname>, since <function>current_schemas</>
+        shows how the items appearing in <varname>search_path</varname> were
+        resolved.
        </para>

        <para>

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:39:39 -0400

> current_schemas function from 18.10.1. Statement Behavior.

Your patch got mangled by my email client, but I committed what I
believe to be the same change.

-- 
Robert Haas
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Brendan Jurd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 02:55:19 +1000

> believe to be the same change.

Thanks Robert, but I think you missed the other part of my posted
patch, which was removing the trailing empty parens from the function
name ("current_schema()" => "current_schema" in two places in that
paragraph).

The paragraph rationalising this, from my original post:

Was the exclusion deliberate?

Cheers,
BJ

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:58:48 -0400

> The paragraph rationalising this, from my original post:

Nope, though I believe you mean current_schemas, rather than
current_schema, which both exist and are different.

---

From: Brendan Jurd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 03:01:57 +1000

>> name ("current_schema()" => "current_schema" in two places in that
...
> current_schema, which both exist and are different.

Indeed I do.

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:04:53 -0400

>> current_schema, which both exist and are different.

OK, done.