Subject: pgsql: More foreign table documentation improvements.

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:30:22 +0000

More foreign table documentation improvements.

Shigeru Hanada, with some additional wordsmithing by me

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/43ea23a346cd32d5ae2ca1d465db6f3beb65bf13

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml        |    9 +++++----
doc/src/sgml/fdwhandler.sgml |   11 +++++++++++
2 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

---

From: Fujii Masao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:56:36 +0900

> Shigeru Hanada, with some additional wordsmithing by me

This commit caused the following error when I did make html.

    openjade:ddl.sgml:3024:50:E: element "FILE" undefined

Attached patch fixes the problem.

Regards,

-- 
Fujii Masao
NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
NTT Open Source Software Center
*** a/doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml
--- b/doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml
***************
*** 3021,3027 **** ANALYZE measurement;
      <firstterm>foreign data wrapper</firstterm>. A foreign data wrapper is a
      library that can communicate with an external data source, hiding the
      details of connecting to the data source and fetching data from it. There
!     is a foreign data wrapper available as a <file>contrib</file> module,
      which can read plain data files residing on the server.  Other kind of
      foreign data wrappers might be found as third party products.  If none of
      the existing foreign data wrappers suit your needs, you can write your
--- 3021,3027 ----
      <firstterm>foreign data wrapper</firstterm>. A foreign data wrapper is a
      library that can communicate with an external data source, hiding the
      details of connecting to the data source and fetching data from it. There
!     is a foreign data wrapper available as a <filename>contrib</> module,
      which can read plain data files residing on the server.  Other kind of
      foreign data wrappers might be found as third party products.  If none of
      the existing foreign data wrappers suit your needs, you can write your

---

From: Robert Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:14:33 -0400

> Attached patch fixes the problem.

Sorry 'bout that, committed.

-- 
Robert Haas
EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company