Subject: Geometric function example results

From: Thom Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 13:09:05 +0100

Hi,

I noticed that there are no example outputs shown on the geometric
functions page (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/functions-geometry.html).
 So I've attached a patch which adds them.  I'm not entirely sure to
make of the 2 example outputs that are very large, but they're
included anyway.

Are these worth adding?

Thanks

Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion
IRC (freenode): dark_ixion
Registered Linux user: #516935

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

---

From: Thom Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:31:07 +0100

> make of the 2 example outputs that are very large, but they're

Any opinions on this?

-- 
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:19:57 -0400

> make of the 2 example outputs that are very large, but they're

I think this is unworkable, because those tables are already so wide
they barely fit on a page.  This will certainly not work for PDF output,
and I don't think it'll look very nice in HTML either.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Thom Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 19:26:34 +0100

> and I don't think it'll look very nice in HTML either.

Yeah, you're probably right.  I didn't even think about the PDF
representation, so I guess that's more than enough reason to leave out
such examples.