Subject: directly construct a query plan

From: "Chengkai Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:42:05 -0500

Hello everyone,
I plan to directly construct a query plan without going through the query 
optimizer, by manipulating the various data structures for representing 
query plan tree and parse tree. Is there any facility inside/outside 
postgresql that can be of help? Is there any known issue/difficulty related 
to this?

Thanks!

Steve

_________________________________________________________________
On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to 
get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:02:51 -0400

> postgresql that can be of help? Is there any known issue/difficulty related 

Only that your code *will* break in each future release, because we have
no hesitation about whacking those data structures around ...

			regards, tom lane