Subject: pg_hba_file_rules permission issue

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:41:27 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/view-pg-hba-file-rules.html
Description:

Hi,

According to the documentation, I assume normal users will be able to view
pg_hba_file_rules once they are granted select privileges. But for the
privileged user it's giving following error while trying to view records:

ERROR:  permission denied for function pg_hba_file_rules
SQL state: 42501

Thanks,
Joby

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 23:09:26 +0900

> ERROR:  permission denied for function pg_hba_file_rules

I think that you need as well execution rights on pg_hba_file_rules() to
give access to it.
--
Michael

---

From: Joby John <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:15:13 +0000

Ok, thank you very much Michael

Joby