Subject: pg_prepared_statements

From: Dmitry Igrishin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 08:59:06 +0300

Hi,

I suggest to use phrase "the PREPARE SQL command" at
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/view-pg-prepared-statements.html
Thus, I would replace:

"For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE
statement submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
the frontend/backend protocol, this is the text of the prepared
statement itself."
to
"For prepared statements created via SQL, this is the PREPARE SQL
command submitted by the client. For prepared statements created via
the frontend/backend protocol, this is the statement itself."

"true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL statement"
to
"true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL command"

-- 
// Dmitry.

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 00:37:17 -0400

> "true if the prepared statement was created via the PREPARE SQL command"

I'm not sure why that is better.  "statement" is the standard term in 
these contexts.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

---

From: Dmitry Igrishin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 09:38:16 +0300

2016-06-03 7:37 GMT+03:00 Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>:
> I'm not sure why that is better.  "statement" is the standard term in these
> contexts.
According to https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-prepare.html
"statement" is a text of statement without "PREPARE". So, the phrase
"PREPARE statement"
not absolutely clear.
And according to
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-commands.html
the PREPARE is a SQL command, rather than SQL statement.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 22:37:00 -0400

> the PREPARE is a SQL command, rather than SQL statement.

Fixed