Subject: dtrace pgfoundry link

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:58:34 -0500

The last pgfoundry link in our docs is

  <para>
   More example scripts can be found in the PgFoundry
   <ulink url="http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dtrace/">dtrace
project</ulink>.
  </para>

pgfoundry is now pretty much unusable, so we should update this.

Does anyone know whether this resource can be found in an alternative
place, or do we have something else to link to, or can we remove it?

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:08:12 -0300

> place, or do we have something else to link to, or can we remove it?

The pgfoundry.org domain expired yesterday, and I don't think these
files are anywhere else online.  We should either ask Marc for a backup
of the last version of those files, and perhaps host them (maybe just
the wiki if we have no better place), or just remove the para.

There's been no movement at all on our DTrace support for many years,
BTW.

-- 
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 15:13:17 -0800

> the wiki if we have no better place), or just remove the para.

Really?  Crap, there's still a few web pages for that which are heavily
referenced, particularly the pgbouncer online docs.  I'll try to get new
online docs elsewhere.

-- 
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 22:20:48 -0400

> referenced, particularly the pgbouncer online docs.  I'll try to get new

There are also a couple of projects with significant profile hosted
there, such as the ip4r extension and pllua.

Do we have a backup in case pgfoundry.org really dies one day?  I know
we have the tar balls on the ftp server.

-- 
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

---

From: Dimitri Fontaine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:11:49 +0100

> there, such as the ip4r extension and pllua.

  https://github.com/RhodiumToad/ip4r

-- 
Dimitri Fontaine
http://2ndQuadrant.fr     PostgreSQL : Expertise, Formation et Support

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 12:08:29 +0100

> we have the tar balls on the ftp server.
Note that the tarballs on the ftp server has not been synced for years and
are very far out of date. So don't count those as a backup, that's just
"historical snapshot".

As for actual backups, I have no idea if Marc has any, or how realistic it
is to restore them even if they exist.

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/