Subject: Regarding built-in logical replication

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:48:29 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/logical-replication.html
Description:

I am referring to link
'https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/logical-replication.html' and it
has been mentioned that 'Replicating between different major versions of
PostgreSQL.' under the section of 'The typical use-cases for logical
replication are:' but I don't think logical replication using
PUBLICATION/SUBSCRIPTION model is possible between different PostgreSQL
versions, which is only possible using pglogical.

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 15:44:39 -0500

> versions, which is only possible using pglogical.

The documentation is correct.

(The only caveat is that there are currently no other versions than 10
that have built-in logical replication, but if there were any, it would
work.)

-- 
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services

---

From: Ranjan Gajare <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 07:48:22 +0530

This means it would work with version 10 and its later versions. No
backward compatibility is possible.
Thanks for resolution.

Ranjan Gajare

On 12-Jan-2018 2:14 AM, "Peter Eisentraut" <[email-masked]>
wrote: