Subject: Large elephant

From: Nick Canale <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2026 16:10:09 -0500

Hello all, is there a way to prevent the postgres logo from being so
aggressive in the embedded previews when you send links to people on, say,
slack? example: 
If the in-line image doesn't work: https://imgur.com/a/1tPmsUl

---

From: Andreas Karlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2026 01:57:35 +0100

On 1/16/26 10:10 PM, Nick Canale wrote:
> aggressive in the embedded previews when you send links to people on, 
> say, slack? example: image.png
> If the in-line image doesn't work: https://imgur.com/a/1tPmsUl <https:// 
> imgur.com/a/1tPmsUl>

I have been annoyed at the same thing but for the mailing list. :)

The image should come from the OpenGraph metadata[1], and you could like 
either use a smaller image for that or set og:image:width to try to make 
the image smaller but I have not had time to play around with it yet to 
see what works.

   <meta property="og:url" 
content="https://www.postgresql.org/docs/18/functions-math.html" />
   <meta property="og:type" content="article" />

   <meta property="article:published_time" content="2025-11-13T14:11:36" />
   <meta property="og:image" 
content="https://www.postgresql.org/media/img/about/press/elephant.png" />
   <meta property="og:title" content="9.3. Mathematical Functions and 
Operators" />
   <meta property="og:description" content="9.3.&amp;nbsp;Mathematical 
Functions and Operators # Mathematical operators are provided for many 
PostgreSQL types. For types without standard mathematical conventions 
(e.g., …" />
   <meta property="og:site_name" content="PostgreSQL Documentation" />

1. https://ogp.me/

Andreas