Subject: Basic security

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 15:59:54 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
Description:

My  pg_hba.conf file gives 'cert' as an authentication method.  this is not
mentioned on this page.

I think a basic pg_hba.conf to allow remote access require ssl, and to
prevent access to the postgres table would be a useful addition.
The more I see about this powerful environment the more nervous I get about
exploits based on aspects of it's multitude of features of which I am
completely unaware - what about PUBLIC for example ? ?
A basic security guide to disable dangerous defaults would be very welcome

---

From: Pantelis Theodosiou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 17:22:32 +0000

Your link is for an old version of Postgres (8.3). Current version is 10.
You can find the link for the relaive page easily, it's on the top of the
page, if you use a different version that 10 (I hope you are not still at
8.3 !)

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html