Subject: START_REPLICATION TIMELINE

From: Marko Tiikkaja <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:14:57 +0100

Hi,

In http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/protocol-replication.html 
there's conflicting information about the TIMELINE option.  In the 
syntax part it's not optional, but the text says "If specified, 
streaming starts on timeline tli; otherwise, the server's current 
timeline is selected.".  Looks like the 9.3 docs always require a 
timeline to be specified.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: Fujii Masao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 19:55:08 +0900

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM, Marko Tiikkaja <[email-masked]> wrote:
> there's conflicting information about the TIMELINE option.  In the syntax
> part it's not optional, but the text says "If specified, streaming starts on
> timeline tli; otherwise, the server's current timeline is selected.".  Looks
> like the 9.3 docs always require a timeline to be specified.

ISTM that TIMELINE is optional both in HEAD and 9.3. So I fixed the document
in both versions. Thanks for the report!

Regards,

-- 
Fujii Masao