Subject: Formatting complaints

From: Andre Majorel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 16:28:14 +0200

A few ways in which the formatting could be improved :

a) Not so much space between the bottom of the text and the page
   number. The page number could in fact go at the top with the
   chapter name. As it is, the wasted vertical space causes the
   text to shrink too much when printing 2-up.

b) Maybe less font size difference between text and headings.
   The text feels a little too small for the headings,
   especially 2-up. But it might get better if/when a) is done.

c) The courier font, apart from the being neither visually
   pleasing nor readable, has two major flaws : it is so thin
   that it almost disappears when shrunk and it is rather wide,
   making some lines dangerously close to being cut off. Any of
   the sans-serif vector fonts listed there would be an
   improvement :

     http://hivelogic.com/articles/top-10-programming-fonts

   I use Inconsolata and I'm happy with it :

     http://levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html

d) Too much space around the "Tip" paragraphs.

No idea how much control you have over these things but there
you go. Thank you.

-- 
André Majorel http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/

---

From: Josh Kupershmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:06:28 -0700

>    text to shrink too much when printing 2-up.

Just to be clear, are all of your suggestions specific to the PDF
versions of the docs? And if so, is complaint a.) the same for the A4
and US PDFs?

Josh

---

From: Andre Majorel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 17:28:39 +0100

On 2012-10-25 19:06 -0700, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
> versions of the docs?

Sorry, didn't see your reply until now. Yes, that was about the
PDF version. I was looking into printing the doc.

> And if so, is complaint a.) the same for the A4 and US PDFs?

Just checked and yes.