Subject: Extra indentation in first line

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 13:43:35 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/textsearch-features.html
Description:

Hello,

In some queries there is an extra indentation. For example:

          SELECT to_tsquery('fat') <-> to_tsquery('cat | rat');
             ?column?
-----------------------------------
 'fat' <-> 'cat' | 'fat' <-> 'rat'

But there are no indentation (it's correct) here:

SELECT ts_rewrite('a & b'::tsquery,
                  'SELECT t,s FROM aliases WHERE ''a & b''::tsquery @>
t');
 ts_rewrite
------------
 'b' & 'c'

It seems that there are no such indentations within .sgml files.

---

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 06:50:07 -0700

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 6:43 AM, PG Doc comments form <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> In some queries there is an extra indentation
> ​.
>

​I just now noticed the same thing while looking a report on GRANT syntax.
I've spotted checked a couple of other pages and found the same.  The
"code" blocks housing examples sometimes has extra leading whitespace
(indentation).​

We have recently switched to new tooling around the documentation so this
appearing now is not that surprising though I don't recall any recent
changes and this is the first report of such behavior I've seen.

David J.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 17:42:45 -0500

> I just now noticed the same thing while looking a report on GRANT syntax.

> changes and this is the first report of such behavior I've seen.

If you compare the different branches' versions of that page, it's OK in
"devel", and OK in some very old branches like 9.2, but not OK in any
of 9.3 through 10.  So I'm thinking that somebody broke some
version-specific website markup.  No idea how to investigate further,
but I'm cc'ing the www list for comment.

			regards, tom lane