Subject: complex documentation and hard to find the reference

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 14:01:52 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/functions-json.html
Description:

with the prior experience of mysql or mongoDb or any other. Documentation
can be understood. But without any experience of those, hard to try the
JSONB data type.

Specify operand places in a select query (give the entire example query).

---

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 07:47:31 -0700

> can be understood. But without any experience of those, hard to try the
​The functions chapter assumes that one has read the earlier "Data Types"
chapter for JSON first.  There are many examples there.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/datatype-json.html

> Specify operand places in a select query (give the entire example query).
​
​That would be unnecessarily verbose in almost all cases.  Is there a
specific one that is particularly confusing for which a more detailed
example should provided?

The function reference chapter assumes that people know how to write
queries and just need to know which functions are available.  Other
chapters in the documentation cover describing how to do the former.​

​David J.
​