Subject: s/user/role/ in section 5.6 of v9.5.0 and 9.6devel of docs.

From: Johannes Choo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:23:29 +0000

Hi,

I think section 5.6 of v9.5.0 and 9.6devel can benefit from changing some
occurrences of the word 'user' to 'role. Specifically, in

"For example, if joe is an existing user"

and

"The special "user" name PUBLIC can be used to grant a privilege to every
user on the system.",

it is ambiguous whether "user" refers to any role, or a role with a LOGIN
privilege, especially when you consider that CREATE USER is shorthand
creating a role with LOGIN privileges.

Bests,
Johannes Choo

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 12:56:39 -0400

On 01/22/2016 09:23 AM, Johannes Choo wrote:
> I think section 5.6 of v9.5.0 and 9.6devel can benefit from changing
> some occurrences of the word 'user' to 'role. Specifically, in
> 
> "The special "user" name PUBLIC can be used to grant a privilege to
> every user on the system.",

Done.  These were the only two cases that were inconsistent, I think.

-- 
Sent via pgsql-docs mailing list ([email-masked])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-docs

---

From: Johannes Choo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 12:31:12 +0000

Great, thanks.