Subject: Statements that time out are not considered here

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 18:35:43 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/auto-explain.html
Description:

It should be noted that if a statement is cancelled because of the
statement_timeout setting, auto_explain will not log it, even if
statement_timeout is greater than auto_explain.log_min_duration .

---

From: Salvador Jacinto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:42:45 -0300

0ORPPPPORQE NÃO  ME FALA O TREDUZIDO EU RESPONDO TUDO EM UMA SÓ VEz

---

From: legrand legrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:03:35 -0700 (MST)

Hi,
It seems that auto_explain works only with finished statements.

I think (to be confirmed) that SQL statements not finished because
timed-out, cancelled, killed, or simply errored are not giving any output.

It would be nice if that could be change, giving a partial explain analyze
as done in 

https://github.com/postgrespro/pg_query_state/blob/PGPRO10/runtime_explain.patch

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-docs-f2165602.html