Subject: Create Table and Index Definition for Partitions

From: "Jerry Champlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:33:40 -0600

I'm currently putting together a tool to migrate schema definitions from
Oracle to PostgreSQL.  It's written in perl and easily extensible by others
to add functionality I don't care to migrate.  I need to know how to
properly format create table, alter table, create index and alter index
commands for the partitioning functionality about to be released.  Could
someone please provide a draft of that documentation or point me to the
appropriate place in the code tree to figure it out.
 
Thanks
 
Jerry Champlin
Absolute Performance

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:30:13 +0100

> Jerry Champlin wrote

First off, there's already a tool to do this... ora2pg

The functionality just released is for Tablespaces, not Partitions, which is
a different concept altogether.

The docs are available on-line for the SQL DDL statements you mention.
Look at the docs via
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html

Best Regards, Simon Riggs