Subject: Web site for 7.3

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:52:03 -0500 (EST)

I don't see any mention of 7.3 on our web site.  Is that being taken
care of?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Vince Vielhaber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:02:03 -0500 (EST)

> I don't see any mention of 7.3 on our web site.  Is that being taken

Yeah, sometime today.  I just found the announcement a few mins ago.
1) it was released on a holiday, 2) it didn't look like a traditional
announcement.  It was well disguised.  I wouldn't have even known it
was released if I hadn't gotten a bunch of reports of broken links to
the beta stuff on the website.

Vince.
-- 
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
         Internet radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:24:32 -0400 (AST)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> 1) it was released on a holiday

Actually, I wish I had thought about it before I had sent it out ... the
release should have been today, not on a national holiday :(  Thing is,
its not one up here, its 'business as usual', so I didn't think of it...

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 05:27:30 +1100

"Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
<snip> 
> its not one up here, its 'business as usual', so I didn't think of it...

Looks like the PostgreSQL "Advocacy and Marketing" group are going to
have to have a "Post 7.3 Press Release" discussion in a few days.

;-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

-- 
"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
first group; there was less competition there."
   - Indira Gandhi

---

From: "Viktor Vislobokov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 08:57:32 +0500

> Yeah, sometime today.  I just found the announcement a few mins ago.

   Hi All.

   Can we get notification about release? Can somebody from "big humans" 
post notification message to this list by week before release?

With best wishes,
Victor Vislobokov
Perm, Russia