Subject: manual pages

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:11:32 -0500 (EST)

I see the current snapshot tarball has manual pages from 7.4.  When and
who will make them for 8.0?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:36:09 +0100

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I see the current snapshot tarball has manual pages from 7.4.  When
> and who will make them for 8.0?

I will, as soon as we have a solution for the problem described here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2004-10/msg00018.php

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:34:05 -0500 (EST)

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2004-10/msg00018.php

Well, at this stange, I think we will have live with such ugliness.  The
only workaround I can think of is some sed script that replaces the text
with something that tells them it is in the main documentation.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:10:57 -0500 (EST)

Lack of 8.0 manual pages is probably our biggest open item before 8.0
final.  If no one can find a solution I will start working on a sed hack
to convert external links into some reasonable text.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------