Subject: the PDF documentation on postgresql.org

From: Saquib Farooq Malik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:46:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

  Can anyone guide me through the exact process of
creating PDF documentation used by www.postgresql.org.

  As some of you might remember I am having problems
creating PDF's out of my SGML documentation.

  I was hoping that the methodology being used by
postgresql.org might be a help.

 Thank you

Saquib

__________________________________ 
Discover Yahoo! 
Get on-the-go sports scores, stock quotes, news and more. Check it out! 
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html

---

From: Kris Jurka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:03:40 -0500 (EST)

> creating PDF documentation used by www.postgresql.org.

I built the 7.4 and 8.0 pdfs on postgresql.org.  I was able to do so by
using the sgml tools available in the old debian stable (Woody).  You must
use plain jade instead of openjade (which crashes).  Trying this on debian
unstable took about ten days on an Athlon ~1500, but it did complete.  I
suspect the problem is related to different stylesheet versions, but I
have not actually confirmed this.

Kris Jurka