Subject: small improvement to G.2.4.1. Installing OpenJade

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:46:46 +0300 (MSK)

Hi there,

just spent several hours to build developers documentation following 
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/docguide-toolsets.html
and noticed one problem. Installation of OpenJade is a two-step 
process - firstm, you need to install OpenSP and then OpenJade,
so it's important to say, that configure option --enable-default-catalog=/usr/local/share/sgml/catalog
should be used in <b>both</b> steps.

 	Regards,
 		Oleg
_____________________________________________________________
Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (www.astronet.ru),
Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University, Russia
Internet: [email-masked], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:40:41 +0100

Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/docguide-toolsets.htm
>l and noticed one problem. Installation of OpenJade is a two-step
> process - firstm, you need to install OpenSP and then OpenJade, so
> it's important to say, that configure option
> --enable-default-catalog=/usr/local/share/sgml/catalog should be used
> in <b>both</b> steps.

I think the configure option only belongs with OpenSP, because OpenJade 
is not an SGML parser, so it wouldn't need that information.  I think 
the installation instructions belong to an older version of these 
packages.  I'll check with the latest versions and update the 
instructions.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

---

From: Oleg Bartunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 22:52:35 +0300 (MSK)

> packages.  I'll check with the latest versions and update the

Yes, it's OpenSP option ! 
Also, I had to install docbook2man-sgmlspl, since it was removed from 
docbook2X and distributed independently. To built man pages I had to 
export D2MDIR=/usr/bin

On slackware box the best way is to install slackware's sgml-tools package 
and then follow documentation guide.

btw, is there template for manual, so I could write separate chapter not
bothering with the whole manual ?

 	Regards,
 		Oleg