Subject: replacing a word in a column

From: Dollar $ <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 14:29:58 +0430 (IRST)

Hello everybody,

Sorry if my question is too easy,

Can I search after a word in a column and replace it with another word
just using queries??
I'm using PHP and MySQL database.

e.g:

my name is payam  -->  my name was payam

any help?
thanks,
payam.

---

From: "scott.marlowe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:40:22 -0600 (MDT)

> I'm using PHP and MySQL database.

You DO realize this is the Postgresql documentation mailing list, the one 
for making suggestions and changes to the documentation of Postgresql?

It's not like I'm being pissy about it, it's just highly unlikely that 
you'll find enough MySQL expertise to help you out here.

---

From: Robert Treat <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 May 2003 13:00:23 -0400

I'm pretty sure you can do this, but you need to install postgresql
first.

:-)

Robert Treat

On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 05:59, Dollar $ wrote:
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster