Subject: Projects moved to gborg

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:40:34 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone figured out how we are going to handle the SGML documentation
of projects moved to gborg?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:20:47 -0400

> of projects moved to gborg?

Clearly we gotta remove 'em from the main docs.

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:27:48 -0400 (EDT)

> Clearly we gotta remove 'em from the main docs.

And a bigger question is that are we going to do after we move the SGML
files?  The thought of making SGML builds of all those interfaces makes
me ill.

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:22:01 -0300 (ADT)

Can it not be automated?

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: Have you searched our list archives?
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org
>

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:13:15 -0400 (EDT)

No idea.  I doubt most maintainers are going to have the stamina to set
up a SGML build environment.  I wonder if can somehow autobuild them on
gborg or convert them to HTML and let the people maintain them in HTML.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:40:19 -0300 (ADT)

> gborg or convert them to HTML and let the people maintain them in HTML.

Well, I can easily setup a cron job to convert from SGML2HTML, no?

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 21:41:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Well, I can easily setup a cron job to convert from SGML2HTML, no?

I think that would work, but how does the HTML fit in the CVS?  Does it
get checked in automatically?

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:46:53 -0300 (ADT)

Chris? :)

---

From: Chris Ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 04:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure if I know exactly what you are looking for here? As it
stands now project admins can maintain html pages for their project
called genpages. This could be something that could be used.  Let me
know what it is you would like to be able to do and I'll see what I can
come up with.

Chris R.

> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square,

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes
http://finance.yahoo.com

---

From: "Marc G. Fournier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:23:40 -0300 (ADT)

> know what it is you would like to be able to do and I'll see what I can

Well, probably the best example right now is libpqpp project ... I believe
Bruce has extracted the documentation for those from the core pgsql
distribution and put them onto the gborg project ... what he's looking at
is being able to take those docs and generating html from them, so that
docs can stay in sgml format ...

*but* ... Bruce, didn't someone mention recently that SGML is fading away
in favor of XML?

 > > Chris R. >

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 00:00:51 +0200 (CEST)

> of projects moved to gborg?

What's the list of affected projects?

Some documentation, such as PgAccess and ODBC wasn't very up-to-speed
anyway and could probably be eliminated altogether.  For libpq++ we just
copy a few files to set up the required build environment.  (We're going
to have to do that anyway -- how does libpq++ manage the shared library
build right now?)

-- 
Peter Eisentraut   [email-masked]

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 00:02:11 +0200 (CEST)

> *but* ... Bruce, didn't someone mention recently that SGML is fading away

That consideration is about as relevant as the realization that ASCII is
fading away in favor of ISO 8859-1.