Subject: Forwarded mail...

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:34:48 -0400 (EDT)

Any ideas on this?  Are we missing images?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

From: Victor Tieshan Shi <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:34:13 -0700

Hi,

I wonder where are the figures in the document"PostgreSQL 7.3b2 Developer's 
Guide".

Thanks,

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:16:11 -0400

> Any ideas on this?  Are we missing images?

Perhaps he's unhappy about the incomplete transaction of arch-dev.sgml.
It looks to me like the figures in the LaTeX original never got merged
in, leading to stuff like this:

    throughout concurrent data access. Figure
    \ref{connection} illustrates the interaction of the master process 
    <literal>postmaster</literal> the server process
    <literal>postgres</literal> and a client application. 

Right offhand, I can't see where the images in doc/src/graphics/
are being used anymore, either.  They used to be used, no?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:21:48 +0200 (CEST)

> are being used anymore, either.  They used to be used, no?

Yes, but they looked pretty ugly both in web and in print format and they
didn't have much relevance anymore.  It might be interesting if someone
wanted to create a new ER view of the system catalogs, but with the
since-developed chapter describing all those we've completed our
documentation duty.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut   [email-masked]