Subject: Patch for minor error

From: Oliver Elphick <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 18:32:38 +0000

This patch is against CVS tip.  The file basics.sql does not exist; the
file referred to is called basics.source.

Index: doc/src/sgml/query.sgml
===================================================================
RCS file: /projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/query.sgml,v
retrieving revision 1.28
diff -u -r1.28 query.sgml
--- doc/src/sgml/query.sgml	2002/11/11 20:14:03	1.28
+++ doc/src/sgml/query.sgml	2003/01/23 13:39:06
@@ -39,14 +39,14 @@
 ...
 </computeroutput>
 
-<prompt>mydb=&gt;</prompt> <userinput>\i basics.sql</userinput>
+<prompt>mydb=&gt;</prompt> <userinput>\i basics.source</userinput>
 </screen>
 
     The <literal>\i</literal> command reads in commands from the
     specified file. The <literal>-s</literal> option puts you in
     single step mode which pauses before sending each statement to the
     server.  The commands used in this section are in the file
-    <filename>basics.sql</filename>.
+    <filename>basics.source</filename>.
    </para>
   </sect1>

-- 
Oliver Elphick <[email-masked]>
LFIX Limited

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 00:33:09 +0100 (CET)

> file referred to is called basics.source.

You need to run make first.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut   [email-masked]

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:46:40 -0500

> file referred to is called basics.source.

Actually, src/tutorial/Makefile expects to *make* basics.sql from
basics.source.  That particular file doesn't really need any
substitutions, but some of its siblings do.

If there's a docs bug here, it's that the text doesn't explain about
building the tutorial examples.  I also kinda wonder if we should build
and install the tutorial files (presumably into $INSTROOT/share) by
default --- right now a standard build doesn't do that.  Thoughts?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Oliver Elphick <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jan 2003 11:34:38 +0000

> default --- right now a standard build doesn't do that.  Thoughts?

I think that would be a good idea; witness the fact that I have gone 5
years without noticing that the make needed to be run.

-- 
Oliver Elphick                                [email-masked]
Isle of Wight, UK                             http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
GPG: 1024D/3E1D0C1C: CA12 09E0 E8D5 8870 5839  932A 614D 4C34 3E1D 0C1C
                 ========================================
     "If anyone has material possessions and sees his
      brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the
      love of God be in him?"
                                    I John 3:17