Subject: Automatic documentation spell check

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 02:07:11 +0200 (CEST)

I've installed an automatic spell-checker for the documentation.  You can
see the results at

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/spell-check.txt

It updates every time the documentation updates.

Obviously, it's not perfect, but I've found it quite useful over time.  In
fact, you'll see a couple of genuine misspellings right in this run.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut   [email-masked]

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:11:26 -0400

> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/spell-check.txt

I see nothing but

(See <http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/spellcheck.html> for the
software behind this.)

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:15:21 +0200 (CEST)

> > http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/spell-check.txt

Ooops, now it works.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:52:59 -0400 (EDT)

> fact, you'll see a couple of genuine misspellings right in this run.

Should we list this URL on the developer's page where we list the doc
builds?

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:19:23 +0200 (CEST)

> Should we list this URL on the developer's page where we list the doc

I guess so, just don't make too many assumptions about its accuracy.