Subject: Need help with SGML again

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:01:45 -0700

Folks,

I'm augmenting runtime-config as requested.  However, I am finding myself 
daunted by all the hand-coding SGML I have to do.  Can someone do some 
handholding for me?

Particularly, I'd like to know how to:
cross-link to another item on the same page;
producte a bulleted or numbered list;

Help on IRC would be best if possible

Thanks.

-- 
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco

---

From: Roberto Mello <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 22:21:14 -0600

> producte a bulleted or numbered list;

The OpenACS Docbook Primer should give you what you need:

http://openacs.org/doc/openacs-4-6-3/docbook-primer.html

It is for Docbook XML, which (AFAIK, might be wrong) is a superset of
Docbook SGML, but by looking at ohter examples in the docs you shoul dbe
able to assert that by yourself.

There's also the HOWTO-HOWTO from the Linux Documentation Project
(tldp.org)

-Roberto

-- 
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +
+       USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club - http://fslc.usu.edu/     +
Quer um Chokito? Então pôe o dedo na tomadita!

---

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:43:54 +0200

Hi Josh,

>producte a bulleted or numbered list;

SGML or XML can't do that by themselves.  You would need a DTD for that,
such as DocBook.

Within DocBook (www.docbook.org) you would use:

<ulink> for cross-links:

<ulink url="blah.html">Go to blah page</ulink>

and

<itemizedlist> for a list with bullets or dingbats or <orderedlist> for a
list with incremental numbering.

<itemizedlist>
  <listitem>blah</listitem>

  <listitem>fu</listitem>
</itemizedlist>

HTH,

-- 
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change...

---

From: Josh Berkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:55:53 -0700

Roberto, Bruce, etc:

OK, I'm almost done with the edits.  My one problem is the cross-linking.  The 
only examples of links I can find in the existing docs link to section 
headers.  I need to link to particular paragraphs/terms/listitems.   I can't 
figure out from the online stuff how to do this.

-- 
-Josh Berkus

______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________
                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology 	[email-masked]
    and data management solutions 	(415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses 	 fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations. 	San Francisco