Subject: Why do we have "gcc default optimizations" docs?

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:58:56 -0400

Does anyone remember the reason why we have this chapter in our docs?
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/compiler.html

I have a suspicion that this is left over from some ancient time when
it was actually necessary to hack gcc in order to build Postgres
successfully.  I can't imagine why anyone would do this today, or why
they would use our documentation about it if they did want to do it.
The info is likely horribly obsolete anyway.  (There have been no
non-markup changes in the source file since it was put into our CVS
tree, nearly six years ago.)

In short: I wanna remove it.  Any objections?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Peter Eisentraut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:53:26 +0200 (CEST)

> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/compiler.html

Kill it.

-- 
Peter Eisentraut   [email-masked]