Subject: No ENABLE_GSS in generated Visual Studio project files

From: PG Doc comments form <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 19:39:27 +0000

The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/install-windows.html
Description:

I tried to build using Visual Studio 2019.
Although I have enable the kerberos support in the configuration file,
the generated Visual Studio project files do not define "ENABLE_GSS".
Running the binaries (as a service) resulted in the following error in the
log file:

2021-05-24 14:19:04.047 CDT [256] LOG:  starting PostgreSQL 13.2, compiled
by Visual C++ build 1928, 64-bit
2021-05-24 14:19:04.048 CDT [256] LOG:  listening on IPv6 address "::", port
5432
2021-05-24 14:19:04.049 CDT [256] LOG:  listening on IPv4 address "0.0.0.0",
port 5432
2021-05-24 14:19:04.099 CDT [256] LOG:  invalid authentication method "gss":
not supported by this build
2021-05-24 14:19:04.099 CDT [256] CONTEXT:  line 87 of configuration file
"D:/Programs/PostgreSQL/13/data/pg_hba.conf"
2021-05-24 14:19:04.099 CDT [256] FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf
2021-05-24 14:19:04.101 CDT [256] LOG:  database system is shut down

---

From: Michael Paquier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 11:18:32 +0900

> Running the binaries (as a service) resulted in the following error in the

I may be missing something, of course, but the MSVC build code of HEAD
does the following in Solution.pm:
ENABLE_GSS                 => $self->{options}->{gss} ? 1 : undef,                                                                                          

So perhaps you really forgot to specify a path in config.pl?
--
Michael