Subject: docs cleanup patch

From: Josh Kupershmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:43:13 -0400

Hi all,
Here's a patch which mostly fixes broken URLs in code comments.

Summary of doc. changes:
 * heapfuncs.c: fix awkward comment phrasing

I also tried to fix as many broken URLs as I could find.
 * imath.h, imath.c: homepage for M.J. Fromberger moved
 * sha1.c, sha1.h: new location of FIPS pub 180-1
 * sha2.c: changed URL of PDF describing SHA-256/384/512 to one of the
only active links I could find. archive.org still has the old copy at
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://csrc.nist.gov/cryptval/shs/sha256-384-512.pdf
 * spell.h: I think this was just pointing to the manpage for
hunspell. I changed to the project page for hunspell, though maybe
it'd be better to point to some other copy of the man page somewhere,
e.g. http://pwet.fr/man/linux/fichiers_speciaux/hunspell
 * dirmod.c: codeproject.com has shuffled pages

Didn't change:
 * be-secure.c: the URL http://www.skip-vpn.org/spec/numbers.html is
down, and I can't find an active copy anywhere else, so I didn't try
to change this. archive.org still has it though (
http://web.archive.org/web/20011212141438/http://www.skip-vpn.org/spec/numbers.html
)

Josh

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:29:44 +0200

>  * dirmod.c: codeproject.com has shuffled pages

Thanks, applied!

> http://web.archive.org/web/20011212141438/http://www.skip-vpn.org/spec/numbers.html

The page in archive.org also refers to skip.org, which has expired and
been eaten. Perhaps we should just remove that comment completely?

-- 
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:15:23 -0400

> been eaten. Perhaps we should just remove that comment completely?

Eh?  The above link works for me (and contains suggested DH parameters,
though not in the format expected by be-secure.c).

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:48:23 +0200

> though not in the format expected by be-secure.c).

Interesting - must be a routing issue or something then, because I
still can't get to it. I've tried from machines in several different
countries, though... Does the content of what you get on the site
actually match what you get on the site itself?

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:47:32 -0400 (EDT)

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander escribi?:
> >> > ?* be-secure.c: the URL http://www.skip-vpn.org/spec/numbers.html is
> > Eh? ?The above link works for me (and contains suggested DH parameters,

I cannot access it.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian  <[email-masked]>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:48:20 -0400

Magnus Hagander escribió:
> countries, though... 

Maybe I was unclear.  The archive.org URL works for me, the skip-vpn.org
one doesn't (neither does skip.org).

I must note that I tried the archive.org URL last night again upon
seeing your email and was very surprised because it told me that that
URL wasn't archived -- in fact none of skip-vpn.org was archived.  Today
it works again.

> Does the content of what you get on the site actually match what you
> get on the site itself?

When you say "the site", which site are you referring to?

-- 
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:13:08 +0200

> one doesn't (neither does skip.org).

Ok. Then yes, I read you wrong.

I'm unsure if linking to archive.org is a good thing. I guess it's not
likely to go away, but my original comment remains - perhaps we should
just remove it and let people google for the info if they need it.

> URL wasn't archived -- in fact none of skip-vpn.org was archived.  Today

Strange.

> When you say "the site", which site are you referring to?

skip-vpn.org.

---

From: Alvaro Herrera <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:43:30 -0400

> just remove it and let people google for the info if they need it.

I guess the question is: how valuable is it to change the hardcoded
fallback DH parameters?  Surely if someone wants to use different DH
params, they can set them in the documented files.

---

From: Magnus Hagander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:21:02 +0200

> params, they can set them in the documented files.

I've never heard anybody ask for that capability. I think that's more
"developer notes" that ended up in comments...