Subject: Re: PostgreSQL include directive in plpgsql language PL/pgSQL

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2025 06:21:37 -0700

On Friday, September 5, 2025, PALAYRET Jacques <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
>
> Is there an equivalent of #include (include directive) in functions
> (written in plpgsql language)?
>

No, there is not.

David J.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2025 09:56:57 -0400

> No, there is not.

And there won't be one in the future either, as it would
give server filesystem access to unprivileged SQL users.
(Admittedly just read-only access, but that's still not OK.)

Conceivably you could build some such facility into your
client-side code that is issuing CREATE FUNCTION commands.

			regards, tom lane