Subject: Problem with large tables

From: "Hector Miranda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:56:48

Hello!

I'm working with Posgresql 7.0.3 on Red Hat linux 6.2. When I make the 
following query "select * from mytable" (2000000 rows), I get the message:
"Backend sent D message whitout prior T" or
"Backend sent B message whitout prior T"

What is the problem?

Plese help me

Thanks
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:38:00 -0400

"Hector Miranda" <[email-masked]> writes:
> following query "select * from mytable" (2000000 rows),

You're running out of application memory for the query result.  (libpq
doesn't recover from that too gracefully, unfortunately.)  Consider
using a cursor to fetch the data in more manageable chunks.

			regards, tom lane