Subject: Postgres incremental database updates thru CI/CD

From: Puspendu Panda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2025 23:37:29 +0530

Hi ,
As my organization started working on postgres database,We are facing some
difficulties in creating CI/CD pipeline for deployment updated script(the
updated changes after base line database) .Earlier we used sql server
database and in sqlserver we have one option called DACPAC(Data-tier
Application Package) thru which we can able to generate update script and
thru CI/cd pipeline we automate deployment process  in destination database
(customer).
But in Postgres I didn't find any such tool like DACPAC .
As we need this process to incrementally update the customer database  can
you help us in this regard .
Thanks & Regards,
Puspendu

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2025 07:20:08 -0700

On 3/19/25 11:07, Puspendu Panda wrote:
> Hi ,
> As my organization started working on postgres database,We are facing 
> some difficulties in creating CI/CD pipeline for deployment updated 
> script(the updated changes after base line database) .Earlier we used 
> sql server database and in sqlserver we have one option called 
> DACPAC(Data-tier Application Package) thru which we can able to generate 
> update script and thru CI/cd pipeline we automate deployment process  in 
> destination database (customer).

https://sqitch.org/

> As we need this process to incrementally update the customer database  
> can you help us in this regard .
> Thanks & Regards,
> Puspendu

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]