Subject: Re: Meaning of + symbol at end of column string

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 12:56:04 -0700

On Wednesday, January 22, 2025, Rich Shepard <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I use scripts to enter new rows in tables yet on rare occasions when I
> select all columns from a table I'll find a "+" at the end of a string
> value in one column. My web search finds no explanation.
>
> What does that + symbol mean in this context?
>

The value has a line break break character sequence at that point (I forget
if it has any awareness of CR and CRLF differences…)

David J.

---

From: Rich Shepard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 12:07:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2025, David G. Johnston wrote:

> The value has a line break break character sequence at that point (I
> forget if it has any awareness of CR and CRLF differences…)

David,

Ah! A newline (\n). Thanks very much. I fix the row with an update and now I
understand that the original input line was wrapped.

Much appreciated,

Rich