Subject: FAQ/Documentation about Postgresql on Windows XP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:29:25 -500

Hello everyone,
I have been looking for a tutorial on setting up Postgresql on a Windows 
XP machine.  I'm currently doing development on my home machine.  
Eventually we'll have Postgresql on a Windows server, but we want to try 
out and test code on a local machine before going live. 

I've found some tutorials about using Postgresql in the Cygwin emulation, 
but we want to run Postgresql natively.  I need to use some of the forms 
and reporting functions in the EMS PostgreSQL manager. 

Can anyone point me to some tutorials or documentation that can help me 
figure out how to set up and use Postgresql on a local, stand alone, 
Windows XP machine? 

Thanks in Advance,
Adam

---

From: Sebastian Hennebrueder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:57:14 +0200

Hello,

you could try to install the Windows version. It has a setup.exe
I did not come across a tutorial for clicking on a setup.exe but as I
see the demand now, I will think over it.

;-)

Sebastian
PS: Cygwin is not needed any more since version 8 of PostgreSQL

[email-masked] schrieb:

>---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>
>
>  
>

-- 
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder

----

http://www.laliluna.de

Tutorials for JSP, JavaServer Faces, Struts, Hibernate and EJB

Get support, education and consulting for these technologies -
uncomplicated and cheap.

---

From: Bruce Momjian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:02:31 -0400 (EDT)

> figure out how to set up and use Postgresql on a local, stand alone, 

Look at doc/FAQ_MINGW and you can look at the pginstaller FAQ too.

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  [email-masked]               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073