Subject: Re: libc to libicu via pg_dump/pg_restore?

From: Greg Sabino Mullane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 09:53:10 -0500

I'm not sure why we are focused on the other errors - the database fails to
get dropped (or created), so future errors are to be expected.

pg_restore should be run with the --exit-on-error flag, and handle the
errors one by one as someone mentioned upthread.

I would use the --section=pre-data --section=data and --section=post-data
flags to pg_dump to create (for the pre-data) a small and editable file so
you can tweak the CREATE DATABASE as you please.

pg_dump mydb --clean --create --section=pre-data --file=mydb.pre.pg

Cheers,
Greg

--
Crunchy Data - https://www.crunchydata.com
Enterprise Postgres Software Products & Tech Support

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 08:13:15 -0800

On 2/7/25 06:53, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> I'm not sure why we are focused on the other errors - the database fails 
> to get dropped (or created), so future errors are to be expected.

It is already created before the pg_restore is run.

The OP says it works for ~40 other databases they are upgrading using 
the same process.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]