Subject: pg_dump problems

From: Michelle Murrain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:25:53 -0400

In doing a pg_dump on a relatively new Postgres install, I get an 
error I've never seen before:

getInherits():SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 
'ERROR:Attribute 'inhre1' not found.'

The dump didn't work. In verbose mode, it happens when it is reading 
table inheritance information.

It's a pretty simple database, only a few tables. It will be a little 
bit of a pain to recreate, but not devastating. However, this install 
is on my laptop, where I do a lot of my development work. I'd like to 
make sure I have a reliable way of getting my databases from there to 
the server.

Thanks.

Oh - Linux-Mandrake 7.0,  Postgres 7.0

Michelle
-------------------------------------------
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
President, Norwottuck Technology Resources
[email-masked]		www.norwottuck.com

---

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:06:06 -0400

> 'ERROR:Attribute 'inhre1' not found.'

IIRC, that's what you get when you run a 6.5 pg_dump against a 7.0
server.  Check your PATH...

(Yes, there's a version check in pg_dump now, but there wasn't
then :-()

			regards, tom lane