Subject: No POSTGIS in PostgreSQL 18

From: Mark Idiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2025 06:22:36 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Webmaster, 
I am learning SQL using PostgreSQL 18, just released. And I realized there is no POSTGIS support. 
Request guidance on how to activate this function as PostGIS is missing from the Stack Builder list of applications. 

Many thanks,
Mark.

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2025 12:23:16 -0700

> there is no POSTGIS support.

Yes there is
https://postgis.net/

"This version requires PostgreSQL 12 - 18beta3, ..."

> 
> Request guidance on how to activate this function as PostGIS is missing 
> from the Stack Builder list of applications.

This is where I mention you should include in this sort of report the 
following:

1) OS and version.

2) Source of package.

Given you mention Stack Builder, I'm betting you used the EDB installer. 
What EDB chooses to include is up to them, you will need to touch base 
with them.

A good place to start is:

https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/edb-installers/issues

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]