Subject: Postgres query tool not working when I right click

From: Tessa Niebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2025 14:06:33 -0400

I really need to get PostgresSQL working because I’m a college student
using this for class. I have never worked with PostgresSQL before please
let me know what I need to do as soon as possible.

---

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2025 13:09:36 +0200

> let me know what I need to do as soon as possible.

1. Doing photo of screen is ... well, please don't. If you need to show
   something from graphical program just make a screenshot.
2. When doing screenshot at least tell others what program this is from.
3. PostgreSQL doesn't have, on its own, any graphical programs. So
   check what program you are using, and reach to their support.

It's possible that it's pgAdmin, which some people assume to be
"official PostgreSQL app", in which case their site is
https://www.pgadmin.org/, and their support channels are listed here:
https://www.pgadmin.org/support/

Best regards,

depesz

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2025 08:09:34 -0700

> let me know what I need to do as soon as possible.

You will have to explain what is not working as the connection shows as 
succeeding. It would also be helpful to know what it is you are trying 
to accomplish?

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]

---

From: Anthony DeBarros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2025 15:54:34 -0400

> > let me know what I need to do as soon as possible.
That image shows the PostGIS importer/exporter for shapefiles, so probably
not what you are looking for if you're simply looking to run queries
against a database. Look for pgAdmin.