Subject: Default value

From: Igor Korot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2025 17:03:23 -0800

Hi, ALL
What would be the default value for "require_auth"?

The page at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-PARAMKEYWORDS,does
not indicate any...

Thank you.

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2025 17:10:07 -0800

> The page at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-PARAMKEYWORDS,does

 From the linked page:

"Specifies the authentication method that the client requires from the 
server. If the server does not use the required method to authenticate 
the client, or if the authentication handshake is not fully completed by 
the server, the connection will fail. A comma-separated list of methods 
may also be provided, of which the server must use exactly one in order 
for the connection to succeed. By default, any authentication method is 
accepted, and the server is free to skip authentication altogether.
"

Where the server side configuration is here:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auth-methods.html

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]