Subject: recovery error while running any statement

From: yudhi s <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 22:12:13 +0530

Hello Experts,
It's postgres aurora version 16. While  running the ALTER command on any
object we see an error "*Only RowExclusiveLock or less can be acquired on
database objects during recovery*". If I run any DML it gives an error
stating '*cannot execute UPDATE in a read-only transaction*' , then I tried
setting "*set transaction read-write*" and it erroring out with "*cannot
set transaction read-write mode during recovery*".

Want to understand , what is the cause of this error and how to fix this?

Regards
Yudhi

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2025 08:51:53 -0800

On 1/9/25 08:42, yudhi s wrote:
> object we see an error "/Only RowExclusiveLock or less can be acquired 
> on database objects during recovery/". If I run any DML it gives an 
> error stating '/cannot execute UPDATE in a read-only transaction/' , 
> then I tried setting "/set transaction read-write/" and it erroring out 
> with "/cannot set transaction read-write mode during recovery/".
> 

Per:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/AuroraUserGuide/Aurora.AuroraPostgreSQL.html

Aurora Postgres is not the community edition, you should probably take 
this up with AWS support.

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]