Subject: Re: Some links to "previous version" seem wrong

From: "David G. Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2024 11:57:57 -0700

On Saturday, August 3, 2024, Lele Gaifax <[email-masked]> wrote:

> the page related to
> 15.4[2] says
>
>   Also, if you are upgrading from a version earlier than 15.1, see
>   Section E.7.
>
> Is that correct?

Yes, the wording and links are correct.

If you are upgrading from 15.2 or 15.3 to 15.4 there is no “see also” to
worry about.

The point of that sentence is not to provide a simple always-present link
to the prior release notes.  It is to warn about special update concerns if
the update is not trivial.

David J.

---

From: Lele Gaifax <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2024 20:45:24 +0200

> the update is not trivial.

I see, thanks for the clarification!

Bye, lele.
-- 
nickname: Lele Gaifax | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.
[email-masked]  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.