Subject: Re: Two server instances on one server

From: Tom Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 16:41:58 -0400

Andreas Wagner <[email-masked]> writes:
> I consider using two instances of the PG server on one node. The node
> has two processors and each processor has 64GB memory assigned to it.
> I'd like to
> * restrict instance one to processor 0 and its memory and
> * instance two to processor 1 and its memory
> using numactl (or similar commands regarding cpuset) and partitioning.

Seems straightforward enough to me, as long as you put the instances
onto distinct port numbers.  Are you encountering problems?

			regards, tom lane

---

From: Andreas Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:07:08 +0200

> onto distinct port numbers.  Are you encountering problems?

I don't see a way, yet, to put one half of the partitions on on
instance ond the other half to the other, automatically. Replication
seems to be a 1:1 copy and partitioning seems to stick to one instance.

Regards,
Andreas Wagner