Subject: postgresql-17.0-1 Application - silent installation Issue

From: "JOLAPARA Urvi (SAFRAN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2024 15:11:57 +0000

C2 - Confidential

Hello Team,

I am from Application Packaging team. we have created the package of PostgreSQL 17.0-1 Application.
We have used the command line parameter for installation is this :  "postgresql-17.0-1-windows-x64.exe--mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --optionfile C:\Temp\Install"
This is working in English language machine but it is failing in French language machine and throwing below error:

we tried giving permission to this folder, then we have used "--installer-launage fr" parameter "--locale fr" parameters but still not working.
Please assist to resolve the issue asap.

Thanks & Regards,
Urvi Jolapara
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
www.safran-group.com<http://www.safran-group.com/fr/>

#
" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles, être soumis aux règlementations relatives au contrôle des exportations ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous sont pas destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce soit le contenu. Toute exportation ou réexportation non autorisée est interdite Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés."
******
" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to export control laws and regulations. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized export or re-export is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
#

---

From: Adrian Klaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2024 08:18:40 -0800

> PostgreSQL 17.0-1 Application.

You are going to need to provide more detail on the package creation 
process.

> 
> We have used the command line parameter for installation is this : 
> *“postgresql-17.0-1-windows-x64.exe--mode unattended --unattendedmodeui 
> none --optionfile C:\Temp\Install”*
> 
> This is working in English language machine but it is failing in French 
> language machine and throwing below error:

You should provide error messages as text not as image, so folks can run 
them through a translator if need be.

erreur d'ecriture du fichier -> file write error

according to Google.

> 
> 
> we tried giving permission to this folder, then we have used 

Which directory(folder) would that be?

> *“--installer-launage fr”* parameter *“--locale fr”* parameters but 

Should that not be --installer-language?

Also shouldn't this:

--locale fr

be?:

--locale fr-FR

> still not working.
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> 
> Image
> 
> *www.safran-group.com* <http://www.safran-group.com/fr/>
> 
> #
> " Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des 
> informations confidentielles, être soumis aux règlementations relatives 
> au contrôle des exportations ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous 
> sont pas destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de 
> les divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que 
> ce soit le contenu. Toute exportation ou réexportation non autorisée est 
> interdite Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en 
> informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système 
> informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés."
> ******
> " This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or 
> proprietary information and may be subject to export control laws and 
> regulations. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified 
> that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments 
> thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly 
> prohibited. Unauthorized export or re-export is prohibited. If you have 
> received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and 
> delete this e-mail and all attached documents from your computer system."
> #

-- 
Adrian Klaver
[email-masked]